• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
andhow

Pixel perfect blitting with ID3DXSprite

This topic is 4749 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

On newer graphics cards, ID3DXSprite provides expected results of every pixel being the exact same (color and position) as the source texture. However, using ID3DXSprite on older cards (pre hardware-shader era) they get fuzzy, like when you save a bitmap as a jpeg. Is this just a fact of life or is there a better way to do this? I use ID3DXSprite as part of a bigger game, so to make sure I hadn't convoluted the issue, I made the most dead-simple example of using ID3DXSprite as possible. Even though its 102 lines, there are only a couple of non-boilerplate. I posted it here: http://students.cs.tamu.edu/law1521/StuffFolder/ID3DXSprite_test.zip . Any suggestions anyone? Thank you

Advertisement
Thanks a lot for running it! The computers with fuzzy blitting have integrated graphics and don't give access to the setting you mentioned. I'm starting to suspect its purely a quality of implementation issue. I also tried with a D3DDEVTYPE_REF which made it look perfect even on the crappy cards.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!