• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
marty78

Using OGL vector arrays through SDL

This topic is 4836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I've been with GameDev.net for a qhile, but finally decided to start posting myself :) im having a problem defining where the fine line distinguishes the level of use between OGL and SDL for graphics. - I want to use SDL for everything except graphics - I want to use OpenGL for my graphics with interlieved vector arrays (textures tristrips). I know how to load images with OpenGL alone, but with SDL, I cannot get images to display properly "using interlieved vertex arrays" from OpenGL. I am familiar with SDL_Surface and SDL_Rect, but I am not sure how to apply it to interlieved vertex arrays. if any of you could dedicate some time to answer me I would be very thankful; My project has been stagnating a while because of this, since all I can get to work with SDL are white polygons, or simple color mapped ones. I dont know where to send the OGL results to SDL so can simply display the screen and swap buffers. Thanks for reading! marty

Advertisement
Does your application display correctly if you use immediate mode?

Seriously though, try to walk before you run. If it works in immediate mode, but fails if you're using arrays, then try to investigate it. Otherwise, the problem is probably unrelated.

I'm not sure how relevant image loading is to vertex arrays - please explain. Are you trying to load the image into a texture? If not, what are you trying to do?

Mark

Hey thanks for the quick reply markr, despite my lack of precision in my message. I will attempt to further debug my stuff and will post again if I really have a problem I cannot solve after having tried my best. If I figure it out, I'll post my shit in case someone else had a hard time with the same thing.

Thanks!

marty

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!