GPL Sound Site

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 11 months ago
This is something that's bugged me for a while. There are all kinds of GPL resources out there for other aspects of development - gui's, physics, graphics, etc... why not sound media? I mean, how cool would it be to just visit one website and be able to download just about any sound you need for your small game project without having to worry about royalties and other legal issues? The only thing you'd have to worry about is abiding by the GPL, which essentially states you have to be able to provide the source to anything you publically release. Source in this case would be things like raw recordings and filter settings, in my opinion. I've searched around and haven't been able to find anything like this, but I really think this type of resource needs to exist. I'm considering setting it up myself. I have some content I could put up, but I'd need to set up a server or something... If this gets big, though, like I hope it will, I wouldn't be able to afford the bandwidth. It would be nice if I could set it up on sourceforge.net, but I don't know how it would be possible to manage submissions/downloads with the system they have there, unless we just released themed sound packs at certain interval. Thoughts? Suggestions?
___________________________________Digital Paint: Paintball 2.0jitspoe's joint
Advertisement
http://creativecommons.org/
www.findsounds.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement