• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Boder

Where is "gl.h"

This topic is 4901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am completely set up and ready to code, but my Linux Distribution doesn't have "gl.h" in /usr/include/GL. I have installed all the normal gcc stuff, where is my OpenGL stuff [flaming]. grrrrrrr. Can I drop any old gl.h into /usr/include/GL? What package should provide these header files? Is there supposed to be a "glu.h" too? I'm on SUSE 9.3.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
What you want is a Mesa devel package. In Debian, I believe it is xlibmesa-gl-dev and xlibmesa-glu-dev (for GLU, obviously). I have no idea about SuSE, sorry.

If you are using a NVidia card with the proprietary modules, I _think_ that the devel files will be installed by the NVidia GLX module.

Hope this helps.

yep! the MESA development libraries worked. Should have thought of that. Thank you for your help! [smile]

But how come I get 3D acceleration when it says that the MESA package provides libGL.so?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Boder
yep! the MESA development libraries worked. Should have thought of that. Thank you for your help! [smile]

But how come I get 3D acceleration when it says that the MESA package provides libGL.so?

Are you by any chance using a NVidia card? If so, I'd guess that SuSE ships the proprietary drivers. In that case though, you should install NVidia's GLX and its -devel packages (if any), and not MesaGL. I don't have such a card though, so I can't really help you. Sorry. :(

Hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!