• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Innosia

My Free A Star Simulator

This topic is 4898 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there, Recently I have developed an A Star path finding simulation in C#.NET. The code is open source and free to download. You can download it at http://www.innosia.com/download/walkai.zip (if you find broken link please email me at jokenjp@yahoo.com) Though currently it is a big lagging while loading the map (because each tile is inherited from picturebox) but I thought that it might still useful to test your AI. If anyone knows how to optimize the algorithm or has any other better code please write to me to jokenjp@yahoo.com or diouredina@yahoo.com (please give a good subject like 'A Star' so I don't delete it) There is a manual there about how to use the application (not the explanation for the astar algorithm because i think astar algorithm explanation is everywhere in net). Thanks a lot and I wish to hear your opinion. John

Advertisement
Downloaded and tried it and it's pretty cool.

I think this should go in the Gamedev Showcase.

Good work.

ace

Quote:
Original post by Innosia
Though currently it is a big lagging while loading the map (because each tile is inherited from picturebox) but I thought that it might still useful to test your AI.

If its anything like vb, then you should do a picturebox picturebox copy instead of loading the picture a whole lot of times. (i just load up a set of tiles as a set of 'internal' pictureboxes, then i go and do a picturebox-picbox copy. Be sure to set the visible properties to false beforehand and true afterwoods. Just faster that way)

From,
Nice coder

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!