My Free A Star Simulator

Started by
1 comment, last by Nice Coder 18 years, 11 months ago
Hey there, Recently I have developed an A Star path finding simulation in C#.NET. The code is open source and free to download. You can download it at http://www.innosia.com/download/walkai.zip (if you find broken link please email me at jokenjp@yahoo.com) Though currently it is a big lagging while loading the map (because each tile is inherited from picturebox) but I thought that it might still useful to test your AI. If anyone knows how to optimize the algorithm or has any other better code please write to me to jokenjp@yahoo.com or diouredina@yahoo.com (please give a good subject like 'A Star' so I don't delete it) There is a manual there about how to use the application (not the explanation for the astar algorithm because i think astar algorithm explanation is everywhere in net). Thanks a lot and I wish to hear your opinion. John
Advertisement
Downloaded and tried it and it's pretty cool.

I think this should go in the Gamedev Showcase.

Good work.

ace
Quote:Original post by Innosia
Though currently it is a big lagging while loading the map (because each tile is inherited from picturebox) but I thought that it might still useful to test your AI.

If its anything like vb, then you should do a picturebox picturebox copy instead of loading the picture a whole lot of times. (i just load up a set of tiles as a set of 'internal' pictureboxes, then i go and do a picturebox-picbox copy. Be sure to set the visible properties to false beforehand and true afterwoods. Just faster that way)

From,
Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement