• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
piyon

image processing..

This topic is 4957 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello..I wondered image processing..Is directx related with image processing..?Is anyone expert in image processing engineering.?Also what image processing engineers do?what skill does it need?I m a student in electrical and electronics engineering..I really interested in image processing..But honestly i do not know what i will do in a company as an image processor engineer..?I have read sth about it..Thanks for reading..i wish you inform...

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by piyon
Is directx related with image processing..?

DirectX isn't specifically anything to do with image processing. However, Direct3D is the graphics-specific component. Even then, Direct3D is often used to compose images (e.g. from a set of 3D geometry into a final 2D image) rather than process them.

Image processing can be done using Direct3D.

Quote:
Original post by piyon
Is anyone expert in image processing engineering.?Also what image processing engineers do?what skill does it need?I m a student in electrical and electronics engineering..I really interested in image processing..But honestly i do not know what i will do in a company as an image processor engineer..?

You might well find more information on "pure" image processing on more general graphics programming forums. The vast majority of people who'll be reading this thread are games-specific developers, which might well know a bit about image processing, aren't likely to be using it extensively.

Try Graphics Programming And Theory forum, or maybe look up some of the graphics newsgroups.

hth
Jack

Yeah, you've got more luck in the Graphics programming and Theory forum, so I moved this thread. You can do some image processing in Direct3D, but it'd be somewhat misleading to tell you about this before you get the theory straight.

I don't know of good online introductions/tutorials, but I've come across Hypermedia Image Processing Reference a while ago, and liked it. Perhaps you should take a look? [smile]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!