Correct tga format

Started by
1 comment, last by silverphyre673 18 years, 11 months ago
I'm trying to load .tga format images using the LoadTGA() function from NeHe's lesson 32. It works fine for the images that are included with that project, but not for ones I make. The problem: it loads my images successfully, but when I try to bind them and use them to texture a poly, it just displays a blank polygon, with whatever color was last used to color it. However, when I use one of the .tga images provided with the tutorial, it displays it just fine. My question: What format (compressed/uncompressed, etc) are the images in the tutorial saved in, and what image editing software can I use to save my images in the same way? I've tried paintshop 8 and the GIMP, and neither have seemed to have worked. Thanks.
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Advertisement
How are you sure it is loading your images successfully? Have you compared pixel values?
Are your images a power of 2 in both width and height? Have you either generated mipmaps or selected GL_NEAREST or GL_LINEAR filtering methods?
These are the most common omissions I think, and both will result in untextured polygons.
yay! they were just the wrong size. Thanks!
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement