[.net] How to simulate a mouse click in C#?

Started by
12 comments, last by samar_for_islam 14 years, 1 month ago
I have been searching on google and msdn trying to figure this out and got really confused. What I am trying to do is make a windows application that simulates mouse clicks after I hit a certain button. I want the program to make the mouse click anywhere and continue to click even if the program is minimized, until I hit the button that tells it to stop. I have the C++ code for it, which is very simple: //Simulate left mouse click mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, X, Y, 0, 0); Is there any equivalent C# code? Is there a way to port this C++ code into my C# program? I am completely new to .NET, sorry for the noob questions! Thanks
Advertisement
Yes, you can import this function into your C# program. Here's an example:
using System;using System.Windows.Forms;using System.Runtime.InteropServices;public class Form1 : Form{   [DllImport("user32.dll",CharSet=CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]   public static extern void mouse_event(long dwFlags, long dx, long dy, long cButtons, long dwExtraInfo);   private const int MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN = 0x02;   private const int MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP = 0x04;   private const int MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN = 0x08;   private const int MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP = 0x10;   public Form1()   {   }   public void DoMouseClick()   {      //Call the imported function with the cursor's current position      int X = Cursor.Position.X;      int Y = Cursor.Position.Y;      mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, X, Y, 0, 0);   }   //...other code needed for the application}
Awesome! That worked perfectly. Thanks a lot. :D
What about right clicks?
replace left with right in the call to mouse_event() maybe ?
Be careful with an application like this.
I have written some GUI test harnesses that had functionality like this.
It can be difficult to make them work in a way that handles a lot of situations gracefully.

Here are some notes of interest if you plan on expanding your tool.
screen resolution changes, time between keypresses and click messages, lost messages, etc.

A good help is if there is a hook that you can use to check if the keypress, or click was successful.

I'm trying to use this class, but no matter what values I use for X and Y, the simulated click always happens wherever the mouse cursor is.

What is the point of the X and Y if not to tell the function the location of the mouse click
Quote:Original post by drexlin
I'm trying to use this class, but no matter what values I use for X and Y, the simulated click always happens wherever the mouse cursor is.

What is the point of the X and Y if not to tell the function the location of the mouse click

//Call the imported function with the cursor's current position      int X = Cursor.Position.X;      int Y = Cursor.Position.Y;

They're setting the X and Y to the current mouse position. Set the values to whatever you want.

Quote:Original post by GroZZleR
Quote:Original post by drexlin

//Call the imported function with the cursor's current position      int X = Cursor.Position.X;      int Y = Cursor.Position.Y;

They're setting the X and Y to the current mouse position. Set the values to whatever you want.

I did change these values. It still doesn't work.
I'm having the exact same problem. I can't figure out how to set the coordinates for x and y; no matter what values I use, the mouse stays in the same position, I used the right button down and up to test this...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement