pay

Started by
5 comments, last by Wes Henwood 23 years, 5 months ago
What range of pay do game programmers recieve per hour?
Advertisement
I don't think you could find a development house in the world that paid programmers hourly. They'd all go out of business quickly

However, salaries : something like 35k - 100+k. Very very few are going to be making above 80-90k. Its also going to depend highly on your skill set, experience level, who you work for and where.

Edited by - daveb on November 19, 2000 3:28:03 PM
Volition, Inc.
I''ve heard good Playstation conversion guys
demand 150 000 pounds in England.
"I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity."George W. Bush
Is that per year or for the entire project? And is it for each individual or the entire team?
150 UK is about 100 US right now. That''s a pretty high amount. Its possible, but I wouldn''t bet on that being the standard.

Top senior programmers can make quite a bit, but you''re talking at _least_ 5 years game industry experience with several successful titles where you had a large role.

The #''s I quoted in my first post are yearly salaries on an individual basis. On any given project you''re going to find a _huge_ range of salaries.
Volition, Inc.
Actually £150K is around $225K. I don''t know ANY guys actually earning £150K a year doing conversions. Regular wages in the UK start around £15K and go as high as about £60K I think for VERY talented and experienced people. But thats rare.

Average programmers I think are earning between about £25k and £35k depending on who they work for and where. In the US wages seem higher, by a good 20% or more at least.

Whoops. Had my exchange rates backwards
Volition, Inc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement