• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
adam17

Unreal Engine 3 question

This topic is 4899 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i just found this pic on the unrealtechnology site: http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/MaterialEditor.jpg does anybody have any idea what the "bump offset" map is?

Advertisement
It looks like it's the paralax effect thingey, allthough i don't think there is a paralaxmap at the moment since it uses the alpha of the normalmap and it's all white in the picture.

the black/red/green/yellow field represents the distribution of uv coords across a quad, if the normalmaps alpha would have contained a pattern of some kind, then you would allso see it in that field.

btw lc_overlord on a completely seperate note, your website renders oddly on my system. im using firefox 1.0.4 winxp pro sp2. all of your news posts on the front page are only like 20 characters wide before there is a line break. the paragraphs and sentences dont stretch across the page.

just thought i would let you know

I know, i know.
It renders ok in IE.
But it does render kind of wonky in firefox, oddly enough if you press the reload button it is renderd ok.
I don't know what the problem is really, so i am going to redesign the whole thing and hope it resolves itsef, when i have the time that is.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!