• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nprz

Need a few poker testers

This topic is 4747 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been working on an online poker game for the past month and I have finally reached a point where I need a few testers. I remind you that the game is not complete and there are likely bugs (which is what I want to find). It is currently crippled, so that accounts are not saved, so clicking "New User" will get you in. There are 10 tables preset up, you don't not need to Create any, they hold 10 players each table, so I don't think all the tables will fill up while testing. Not much information is trasmitted so I don't think there will be much latency. If you find a bug, take a screenshot of it and either email me at / nprz at hotmail dot com / or send me a PM with the link. Include details such as what you were doing when it happened. If the server crashes for any reason, I apologize and I will try to have it rebooted as soon as I see where it happened. Without further ado Texas Hold 'em If it won't start because of missing drivers, let me know and I will rebuilt the rar and hopefully it will work. Thank you everyone. -edit- Not really getting anyone to play :( Here is a screeny. FYI: When playing a game, the blue text for someone's name means it is their turn to go. [Edited by - nprz on May 23, 2005 2:17:50 PM]

Advertisement
Well I got in and there were 3 other ppl. I liked the Lobby. It was pretty neat. I got invited into the game and we started to play. There was some lag on my part where I would hit the button and nothing would happen until like 20 seconds later or so. I won a couple of hands but shouldn't have won the one. There should be a better way to bring up the error messages. Say if I try to bet an amount but don't have enough money. A message just apprears in the box. Maybe it could beep or a box could come up. I had to stop and read what it said and if I didn't look over there I wouldn't have known at all which would have held the game up more. I like the gui and it was pretty easy to get into a game. I must say job well done. If it wasn't for the lag on my end it would have went better. I'll probably check back now and then to see who's playing. Overall, I must say it kept my attention for the whole 20 mins or so while I tested it. GOod Work.

I would test it if it was in ZIP format...I don't have WinRAR, and I don't want to load up my low-end laptop with a bunch of crap. :-P Sorry

Quote:
Original post by Mattman
I would test it if it was in ZIP format...I don't have WinRAR, and I don't want to load up my low-end laptop with a bunch of crap. :-P Sorry

I will do that for the second test. I have a number of bugs I need to fix now.

Quote:
Original post by skulldrudgery
"Failed to Connect, server is likely down"

I am connected through a proxy, though. I also have zonealarm running.

I shut down the server at night. I still had one bug to fix and I didn't want it to crash while I was sleeping.

Anyway, I will try and keep it up today in case someone wants to play. Too bad it requires at least two people to play because yesterday most people that logged in didn't wait for a second person to log in and play.

Client ZIP format

Hopefully the graphics don't drag your computer down too much. I worked on redrawing the entire screen less often. (It works fine on my unaccellerated virtual machine, so it isn't entensive).

[Edited by - nprz on May 24, 2005 12:16:32 PM]

It runs fine on my pentium3 700mhz. A bit of flickering during redraw though. If it not on already an option to turn on vsync would be nice.

Well I dont nkow anything about how you wrote your program, what language or libraries you used. So I cant tell you how without more info. I can tell you what vsync is. Its Vertical Retrace Synchronization. Its a way to make sure you only draw fram between the vertical updates of you monitor. It prevent 'tearing'(seeing images half drawn with the new frame and old frame) and flickering at the cost of sticking your framerate to that of your monitors vertical retrace rate(ussualy 60hz)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!