• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
felixrigorii

Symbian 3D Game

This topic is 4746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

guys, Is it posible to program 3D games( not software rendered ) on nokia phones, particularly in n-gage or in series 60 phones? Ive seen the game Splinter Cell on my friends nokia ngage phone and im amaze on the capabilty of this phone :) i plan to use symbian C++ since ive tried the java 3D(JSR184) is slow .. pls enlighten me with this one and you guys got some links and books to recommend ? thanks, felix [Edited by - felixrigorii on May 23, 2005 1:28:32 AM]

Advertisement
no, is all done in software, newer s60 cellphons have openGLes on it, but still software, ngage 3d is all done on software as well, the deal is that series60 cellphones have a hell of overpowered processor

hello fellow Pinoy...the latest symbian SDK has examples for opengl ES (embedded system).

i recommend this if you're going to do everything in software:
http://pockethal.droneship.com/index.html

it's free (donation-ware). else, if you have money, go for GAPI.

;)

Skizz that soccer game looks very good!

Did you write that from scratch or build the game off an already developed 3D soccer engine.

Dont think i could do that. (well not right now!)

Mophun has some support for 3D built in if I'm not mistaken. Too bad there are only a handful that support Mophun.

shmoove

Woody FX: It was written from scratch using the mophun 3D API which is effectively just a triangle renderer so I had to handle all the model creation and stuff. I did do a 2D soccer game but the 3D was significantly different (actual collision for starters).

shmoove: Things may be changing on that front. Synergenix recently announced a partnership with 3 (a 3G provider) to distribute high end games so things could be looking up for mophun.

Skizz

Quote:
Original post by Skizz
shmoove: Things may be changing on that front. Synergenix recently announced a partnership with 3 (a 3G provider) to distribute high end games so things could be looking up for mophun.

That's good news (except for our porting team [grin]). They have a nice-looking platform going there.

shmoove

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!