Performance Issue - Help Please.

Started by
32 comments, last by Battagline 18 years, 10 months ago
I'm currently developing a Space adventure game called Epoch Star. It is available for download at www.epochstar.com. I just released a new version that has a glow effect, that uses pixel shaders if available, and an alternative method if not. My frame rate dropped from 60 FPS to 30 when I added the glowing effect. Would anyone be willing to try my game, and let me know the hardware your running and the frame rate your getting? Here's a screen shot with an arrow pointing to where you can see the frame rate while playing the game: Here are a few screen shots demonstrating the glow effect: Thanks
Advertisement
You put a shortcut on my desktop without asking me... that annoys me slightly.

In any case, pretty cool little game there, I'm gonna have to play with this some more I think. I got constant fluctuation between 10 and 37 FPS.

Intel Pentium 4 3.4Ghz
1024MB RAM
ATI Radeon X300 Series

- Jason Astle-Adams

i would be glad to play it. 15megs!

I dont know what happen,

1 I installed the file,
2 then restarted my computer
3 Execute the Game - The game jumped to DirectX mode then jumped back out?

I cannot play your game?

I have a 16bit Video Card with latest DirectX and video drivers.

just letting you know
Quote:Original post by Mastertronic
I dont know what happen,

1 I installed the file,
2 then restarted my computer
3 Execute the Game - The game jumped to DirectX mode then jumped back out?

I cannot play your game?

I have a 16bit Video Card with latest DirectX and video drivers.

just letting you know

Sorry, the Alpha Blending requires 32 bit colors. Also, I apologize about the desktop icon. I'll have to change my installer to prompt for that.
Quote:Original post by Battagline
Also, I apologize about the desktop icon. I'll have to change my installer to prompt for that.

Heh, thanks. Not really an issue and I doubt most people would care, I just happen to keep my desktop particularly clean. [smile] I like the game, I've been playing it a bit more. I think I'll write up some proper feedback for you after I've played it a bit more.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Alpha Blending requires what is this?

is that something to do with adjusting from 16bit to 32bit desktop colors
it still doesnt work.

Dont feel annoyed im teaching how to work proffesional.
People in this world dont know what you mean. maybe you should right it out on instructions.. Your games and who makes games hould go threw a
test on computers if they work. or not. what does your game require etc

Or is your game designed something everyone in this forum knows how to use it?
i dont know im interested.

that was me that posted the last message i cleared my cookies and forgot to login

Excuse me for saying i am wrong in a way. becouse you are not a software developer
you are a Game Designer. Most likely a software developer will go threw all the check-ups on your game before it is released. there many things to do before a good game likes yours is ready to be sold on the market etc,
Quote:Original post by Mastertronic
Excuse me for saying i am wrong in a way. becouse you are not a software developer
you are a Game Designer. Most likely a software developer will go threw all the check-ups on your game before it is released. there many things to do before a good game likes yours is ready to be sold on the market etc,

His game isn't finished yet, it's going through those checks now. [wink]

I don't believe your 16bit video card is capable of running his game at least at the present time.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Alpha Blending requires what is this?

is that something to do with adjusting from 16bit to 32bit desktop colors
it still doesnt work.

Dont feel annoyed im teaching how to work proffesional.
People in this world dont know what you mean. maybe you should right it out on instructions.. Your games and who makes games hould go threw a
test on computers if they work. or not. what does your game require etc

Or is your game designed something everyone in this forum knows how to use it?
i dont know im interested.

I think I misunderstood you. I thought you said you were using a 16bit graphics card. If that were the case, your card would be close to 10 years old. It doesn't sound like that is the case. Please let me know the following system hardware information so I can diagnose:

1. Graphics card type and memory
2. CPU
3. System memory amount.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement