• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Streaming in DirectSound

This topic is 4747 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I just want to know if it's possible to stream with direct sound? I want to be able to do something like have a primary buffer, and whatever i stream into this buffer at runtime gets played. I dont want to be creating buffers and calling Play on them. For example, is it possible to simply open a buffer and generate a sine wave based on the current time, and this wave can be stopped, started, and changed at runtime without the stream ever actually stopping playing whatever it sees in its buffer? (whatever sin(time) has generated at that exact moment in time) I'm finding this quite hard to explain properly but it's a simple idea. Just to have a access to a buffer in direct sound which is constantly playing whatever is added to it at that moment in time. Thanks for any help, --likeregularchickens.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!