• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CipherCraft

ATI 7500 Mobility and display lists

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Weird thing happening on this card (with the latest drivers). I create a display list, consisting of vertices only. Then I want to call that list repeatedly using different colors to represent state of each instance. Now it appears that on this particluar card the first glColor call determines how all other display lists are drawn... [tears] If I set it to blue for example, draw the display list, set it to red, and draw the display list again (on a different position ofcourse), the second one will be blue too! On nVidia cards everything works a-okay, and other ATI cards I have at my disposal (9200) work fine too. Does anyone have any idea? tia, CipherCraft

Advertisement
I'd always understood that display lists should work the same on all cards. I could be wrong, but I had understood that that was part of the OpenGL spec.

No, you are very right. [wink] That's what's so confusing about this. I'm just trying to see if this is typical for ATI Mobility cards in general, or that I have an anomaly here.

So far, no-one has told me either so I'm thinking I have a unique problem here that might be hardware related: a faulty gfx card. But I'll wait a little longer before drawing that conclusion.

cu,
CipherCraft

I really don't think you have a faulty card. I would think that if it was messed up, it would be completely messed up. Maybe it has to do with the driver. Also, you did make sure there are absolutely NO color changes compiled within the list right. I assume so since you said on other cards the code works fine. I'd update the driver and make sure if you haven't already done so. I don't use the laptop cards like that so I really don't know much about them, but try that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!