• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Omaha

PERL Recursion

This topic is 4750 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Two (hopefully) quick questions here. 1.) How deep will Perl get into a recursive situation until it says that it is in "deep recursion?" 2.) How can I suppress this runtime message? I have -w on the command line kind of obligatorily, and I think that kind of precludes the no warnings "recursion" line. Unfortunately, I'm getting these messages now and it's only going to get deeper, so being able to get rid of that message would be useful. I haven't run into a stack space issue yet, and I certainly hope that holds because it would be a pain to fix with this routine.

Advertisement
1.) 100.
2.) "no warnings 'recursion'" seems to work for me when using -w. perllexwarn says "If a piece of code is under the control of the warnings pragma, both the $^W variable and the -w flag will be ignored for the scope of the lexical warning.", so "no warnings" has precedence over -w, at least in v5.8.3. (I don't know about older versions, though.)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!