• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

PSP 9 and fonts.

This topic is 4746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
If you just want to type TrueType text onto an image, you just use the text tool (the button that looks like a letter "A"). That's pretty much the extent of what you can do with TT using PSP. It won't import TT fonts, as it's not a font editing program.

Quote:
Original post by johnhattan
If you just want to type TrueType text onto an image, you just use the text tool (the button that looks like a letter "A"). That's pretty much the extent of what you can do with TT using PSP. It won't import TT fonts, as it's not a font editing program.

So if someone sends me a .ttf file, there's no way to use that font in PSP9?

BTW, I don't know if I trust you after you dogged my "hot pink" engines [wink]

You have to install the font to the system
The simplist way of doing this is placing the file in the \windows\fonts directory
Dragging files into there should trigger most versions of windows to install it
It should then be accessable from all applications, although they may require restarts

Yep. PSP shows all TT fonts available in the system.

Note that a newly-installed font won't automatically appear in PSP. Far as I know, you've gotta restart PSP to see the font.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!