• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
phasmx

Visual C++ 2005 beta I need help in this

This topic is 4893 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of all i would like to say that this thread is about visual c++ 2005 beta compiler, I was wondering if anyone knows how to use visual c++ 2005 beta, I already know c++ and i have been writing programs in borland c++ the only difference is taht i know borlands compiler and i don't know microsofts compiler, i would like to know how to use microsoft visual 2005 beta because that is what i have right now and i don't want to get any other visual c++ i would like to learn this one, please if anyone knows how to use it can you please let me know how, the problem that i have is that, i don't know how to add the .lib files to the project, i do know how to add the .h and .cpp files, I'm tryin to compile a demo from a book that i was reading which is called "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" by Andre Lamothe, it is about a bat that follows a ghost and you control the ghost and the bat is an artificial intelligence engine, now it comes with sounds which are .wavs which you need to have in the same folder as the .cpp and .h files as well as the images which are the background and the actual bat animation image gifs and the ghost gifs. Now i don't know how to compile right and don't know how to add the .libs which are like directinput.lib, ddraw.lib and stuff like that. I have tried to look for tutorials on how to use the compiler i wouldn't want to use the visual c++ compiler but unfortunately the direct x files he has is only compatible with microsoft visual c++ not borland so that puts me at an advantage. I would really appreciate it if someone can go through step by step and show me how to use it or appoint me to a page that could do so. Thanks in advance everyone and sorry for such a newbish question and request.

Advertisement
Normally you can add the libs by right clicking on your project and then choosing Project Settings (or something similar). Then under Linker you can add libraries. But I believe this is borked for the Beta 2 (can't check right now).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!