MMOFPS- Apex

Started by
5 comments, last by Th3 7ru7h 18 years, 10 months ago
Story for Apex A war started in 3019.... Anyone want to help me create a storyline great enough for game development? Im currently thinking about some things that would make this story go on and on and on. But its pretty tought comming up with a story to a game that never ends. Hopefully you guys can help me!
Advertisement
I was thinking...
[
Two Generals that were best friends, disbanded from the military force to start their own faction. Now they fight to stand their ground and take over the world.

More Comming Soon but feel free to add in also.
Any more details aside from MMOFPS War? Have you tried Planetside? Are you just looking for some story ideas or also gameplay ideas?
Naaa I havent played PS yet. Im looking for a partner to help me build this storyline if and at all possible. If you want to just add Th37ru7h@gmail.com on MSN. Thanks guys!
Ummmmm - I have read your post in the help wanted forums - I dont mean to bash, but do you think your ready for an mmofps? Seriously, MMO is the pentiultimate game to develop. Furthermore, on planetside, a game developed by a AAA studio, it still had problems with optimization and lag - Its nice you want to write the story, but this might not be the story you want to write.
You can write the story, and then code a game that only addresses a tiny, single-player moment in the story. Then, if you decide to go the whole way and make the MMO, you can include the old game as lore. Write your heart out.

I'm guessing that an MMOFPS will require multiple factions. Your best-buddy-generals-turned-politicians can account for one or two factions, and the organization that trained them is a third. If that organization was training generals, there's probably another comparable political entity in the world that it can fight. So you have three or four factions right there, depending on how well your old friends get along.

That's good. In fact, I think that a very good story element might be a schism between those two friends. They get trained up, and then the splinter off because of a shared idealogical idiosyncrasy--say, they don't like the way the Commonwealth disrespects veterans. So they take their considerable inheritted wealth, their extraordinary tactical talents and training, and their large military and political groups, and go colonize some continent/planet/whatever, forming a society that has the proper regard for those who have served in the military.

Alas, their ideas of just what that regard entails differ somewhat. General A wants to offer veterans political roles as legislators and judges, and includes military service as a requisite for citizenship. General B just wanted to implement a comprehensive pension system that would allow members of the volunteer military to live out their lives in quiet dignity. They quarrel, and deverge, forming two seperate factions.

There are four major time periods described here. First, there's the world that has been untouched by these two guys. There's the Commonwealth and the Bad Guys, and they fight as they see fit. Then, there's the time when these two guys are trying to effect social change, and failing. Third, there's the "Great Defection" when they take their military and political groups off to new lands, and finally there's the Schism, where they fight each other, as well as the Commonwealth, which thinks they're defectors, and the Bad Guys, which thinks they're with the Commonwealth.

All kinds of crazy crap can happen after that, but with that simple framework you've got a solid forty years' worth of general political action, a dynamic world, and an "ending" that's just begging for more story.
Sounds good but I was thinking more of an weapon of mass destruction case. Or something similar to that. Having something to do with the world, not just the 2 factions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement