• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Boruki

Particle possibilities

This topic is 4751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A long time ago I was explaining to my brother what a particle system was (in terms of a rendering engine). And I had a thought.. would it not be possible to create a character out of a skeleton and particles? Where particles are attracted to parts of the bone etc etc. I'd love to see this implemented, and was wondering if any you guys would be interested in the idea. I was thinking as a starting point of just a few particles per bone.. just to see if the general idea was possible, but perhaps eventually making it possible for much more complicated ideas. Surely it could be used as LoD, and such things as cloth simulation etc.... could be crazy, but I thought a few people here might like the idea... Lemme know if you have any good thoughts on it :)

Advertisement
I actually meant more along the lines of the particles replacing the characters mesh. So it's just an animation skeletal with particles acting as a layer of skin/whatever. Maybe I should draw some diagrams to show my ideas a bit better?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!