• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Little Coding Fox

My first (unfinished) game!

This topic is 4751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone! i made a OpenGL Game, although VERY simple and unfinished, but you can still play it! So, to know what you guys think of my game, here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/GhostGameDev/shootertest.zip Please understand that i am only 16 years old, i'm learning OpenGL from the net and game sources (Open-Source). Thank you for your attention;

Advertisement
Hi,
Usually people doesn't like to download and execute a program. Its better if you also provide some screenshots so we may peek your game before trying it.

Luck!
Guimo

I tried it for the kicks. But, no offense intended, don't call this a game, perhaps a test build for rendering features...

Also, I guess you didn't create the Ogre 3d model, otherwise that'd be one cool thing in this demo.

you appear to be rendering things in teh wrong order.
The boxes that you can shoot are semi-transparent and should be drawn after anything that is solid such as Ogro the ogre, otherwise you get artifacts such as being able to see through Ogro whenever there is a box infront of him (poor guy) :)

SO: Solid stuff first - transparencies last (as a general rule)

Very nice. I noticed the ogre guys shoot at you as well, good job. I noticed that you're using GeoCities for hosting so I thought I'd help you out a bit and put up a mirror on my server:

shootertest.zip - Rob Loach Mirror

Enjoy! That will probably be up for the next month or so.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!