it doesn't crash in debug mode

Started by
3 comments, last by awol21 18 years, 11 months ago
This program i'm working on is playing with me. It was crashing when I ran it normaly, so I went into debug mode (visual studio .net 2003) to figure out where it's crashing. But, while it's running in debug mode it never messes up (wtf). Is there some generic reason for why this would happen, or is it just another normal random bug?
Advertisement
This has happened to me before, but I can't fully remember what the cause of it was. I think it might have been to do with deleting allocated memory twice when closing the program.

Edit: I'm assuming that by normaly you mean with a debug build not a release build.
____________________________________________________________Programmers Resource Central
Whats the error you get when you run it in release mode? If its an access violation you're probably just writing/reading(it will tell you something like: Access Violation: unable to (read or write) at (memory address)) past the end of an array or trying to use a pointer to nothing.
By running it "normally" do you mean release mode? Or do you mean going to the folder containing the .exe and running it? If the latter, you may be using some files (graphics/sound/text/whatever) in your exe that it can't find, make sure the files are in the appropiate places. If it's the former, I would guess that you have an uinitialized variable somewhere, since debug mode seems to like to initialize variables for you.
Yeah, i meant to say it messed up in release mode. I just noticed it's leaking some memory, that must be it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement