Sign in to follow this  

[java] Is there a Sed & Awk written in java?

This topic is 4582 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm currious -- does anyone know of a Sed & Awk written in Java -- it would be kind of cool if there was -- but there probably isn't I don't know -- and I've googled for it. There is javaCC, but not exactly the same thing -- just in the smae spirit of Unix. L-

Guest Anonymous Poster
Are you just looking for regex support? Java has good support for that in the java.util.regex package. Not sure when it was put in, but it's definitely in 1.4.2 and up. If you're looking for something more rudimentary, you can use StringTokenizers.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/regex/package-summary.html

I'm not looking for just regexp support. I'm looking for something more like AWK, but I think I've found it in ANTLR...at least from a entirely different sort of way. But still if there is a SED or AWK that is build in Java, I would be interested in taking a look at it.

L-

This topic is 4582 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.