[java] Is there a Sed & Awk written in java?

Started by
1 comment, last by Lucidquiet 18 years, 10 months ago
I'm currious -- does anyone know of a Sed & Awk written in Java -- it would be kind of cool if there was -- but there probably isn't I don't know -- and I've googled for it. There is javaCC, but not exactly the same thing -- just in the smae spirit of Unix. L-
"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't." -Pete Seegerwww.lucid-edge.net
Advertisement
Are you just looking for regex support? Java has good support for that in the java.util.regex package. Not sure when it was put in, but it's definitely in 1.4.2 and up. If you're looking for something more rudimentary, you can use StringTokenizers.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/regex/package-summary.html
I'm not looking for just regexp support. I'm looking for something more like AWK, but I think I've found it in ANTLR...at least from a entirely different sort of way. But still if there is a SED or AWK that is build in Java, I would be interested in taking a look at it.

L-
"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't." -Pete Seegerwww.lucid-edge.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement