New Demo: Glow

Started by
24 comments, last by Genjix 18 years, 11 months ago
Top Shelf stuff, JCD. Good luck on the interview.
Advertisement
Don't know if this is too late or not, but good luck man! With all the awesome stuff you've been pumping out lately, you deserve the job!
// The user formerly known as Tojiro67445, formerly known as Toji [smile]
Quote:I'm flying to their headquarters in CA tomorrow for a job interview.
Wish me luck, I feel pretty nervous about the whole thing.
just have a beer or seven on the plane and continue from there, ie treat the thing as a holiday
Quote:In both steps the resulting color is multiplied by 1.1 to accentuate the glow effect.

Wouldn't it have the same effect if you just multiplied by 1.21 once?
Yo JCD, long time no chat. You probably don't remember but I used to chat with you back when you were actually a Java programmer workin with LWJGL :)

Anyway, all these demos are rockin', but this latest one I can't run because it says I need MSVCR71.dll Now, this is confusing to me because, I *do* have Visual Studio .NET 2003 installed, and the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. What am I missing?

Thanks, and GOOD LUCK!

EDIT: Turns out a simple file search turned up the missing DLL, I copied it into the same directory as scenegraph.exe, and voila it works. Begs the question why msvcr71.dll wasn't already in my path though...
Hey howdy Optus buddy, long time no talk ah?
Glad to see you hanging around here (you and orangytang).

@Boruki
Thanks my man, my pleasure is derived from people's appreciation of my efforts [smile] (You can translate that into "My ego needs to be fed on a regular basis"...j/k [wink] )

So yeah, I'm posting these lines from a hotel right next to NVIDIA's headquarters. They sent a lemo to get me from the airport and I was like: are you sure you're not mistaking me for some other dude?
The interview is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:15 am. Right now I'm just skimming through my GPU GEMS and Orange book.
Aight, I'll keep y'all updated.
Quote:Original post by twanvl
Quote:In both steps the resulting color is multiplied by 1.1 to accentuate the glow effect.

Wouldn't it have the same effect if you just multiplied by 1.21 once?

Nope, since the blur is accomplished through two separate steps acting on different fragments.
Hello,
Wooow another great work , i'm sorry for late post :(
bye :)
Well done and good luck for your interview!

I tried to do a glow effect in my game, and I wrote all the code - got everything perfect (like glow sources) but then found out MDX wasn't letting me set a texture as a render target! (That's the December update because I still have Win 2k, they'd better have fixed it by now *punches fist*)

And before any well-meaning soul tells me to check all the simple things; the viewport was set correctly, I was creating the texture with the RenderTarget flag, it was a supported render-target format, my graphics card supports ps_2_0 and it was a single level texture and I was setting the top level which was not null!

Cheers then! Hope the interview goes well!
Can you tell me how can i make blur effect? :P i tried to read you code but your code complex :P
Good luck in your interview :D !
bye

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement