New Demo: Glow

Started by
24 comments, last by Genjix 18 years, 11 months ago
Hello everyone, missed you all so much (well not really since I managed to post few words from the hotel’s computer [disturbed] )
The interview lasted about six hours and went extremely well; the questions were diverse and really really technical (sometimes barely touching on anything related to graphics), but I believe I managed to answer all of them except that one where I was supposed to go in details about how Anisotropic filtering works (slaps forehead, I should have read a bit more about it in my GL super bible book). Anyway, you can’t know it all.
I met a lot of great engineers like William Ramey, Greg James (The author of the Glow article linked in my demos’s webpage), Cem Cebenoyan, Sim Dietrich etc…very friendly folks.
When I was done with the interview I needed a shower wicked bad since I was totally soaked in sweat (but no foul smell I swear); that's how nervous I was.
Well that was my trip to NVIDIA headquarters, hope I can get back there soon.

Back on topic:
I'll be modifying the demo a bit tonight to add some cool ghosting effects as the cube rotates around, make sure you come back to check it.

@DrGui (your nick is awesome dude)
Pardon my ignorance but what is MDX?

Advertisement
Hey Java, sounds like a really great opportunity for you. Just curious about how old you are and how long you've been working in the field? Any professional experience, or just academic/self-taught?
I'd hazard a guess MDX = Microsoft Direct X

Anyway, congrats on the interview going so well man! Ho I would LOVE to be in that position... too bad I don't have any cool demo's to show off. :(

Good luck!
// The user formerly known as Tojiro67445, formerly known as Toji [smile]
An interview rarely touches what you are really good at. In my last interview there wasn't much technical questions. It was more or less a discussion on the current job profile, an assessment of how well oriented I was, what the current situation was, what they were looking for etc. Very interesting interview which lasted around 2.5 hrs.

The more applications I write, more I find out how less I know
Quote:Original post by Mattman
Hey Java, sounds like a really great opportunity for you. Just curious about how old you are and how long you've been working in the field? Any professional experience, or just academic/self-taught?

Oh I'm not that young buddy, I'm 22.
I've been in the 3D field since I was involved with Java3D and later Xith3D, that's about 2 and half years ago. I developped a couple of commercial products and presented some software that I've written in SIGGRAPH 2004 where I met all the great folks at NVIDIA :D
I've taken an OpenGL course last semester and taught some of the material in class along with the Profressor (ha, I didn't expect that :P).

@Crack123:
There were almost no specific questions about OpenGL, Greg James questions involved among others stuff about CPU ASM and how would I implement a LOAD intstruction with only STORE, SUB, a registry and a couple of memory locations.
I got that one right in 4-5 instructions, but I was close to throwing the towel.
Aight peace
you should have your pseudoname changed to DemoBeast or something =)

good work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement