Sign in to follow this  
d000hg

[web] CSS-P

d000hg    1199
Hi there. I have been given a site to update and my first goal is to de-frame it. I've used CSS to do this before but lost it all. I use www.w3schools.com for most stuff but IIRC, positional CSS is not properly done in IE and needs some hacks. So could anyone suggest some good online resources - preferably that are easy to download/print? One quick question about the CSS too - currently the site has a frame at the bottom; this frame has an image map acting as the navigation window. I'm going to get a version of the image without text drawn onto it (yuck), and want to position it at the bottom of the page, with some links floating on top. I guess I want to class a DIV to be at the bottom of the page, using an image as background, with maybe a small table of links? Thanks.

d000hg    1199
So I need to use either the fixed or absolute positioning tag to basically get items which are aligned to the browser window, not to the web-page. It's basically a navigation menu I want which is always at the base of the screen. Isn't there a fix needed for IE to get absolute/fixed positioning to work?