Sign in to follow this  

[web] It is wise to have an image background for a web site?

This topic is 4583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Why would't it be?

The only thing you have to keep in mind that one large background (say 1024 * 768) takes a while to load for people with limited bandwidth, and that positioning your content relative to this background kan be tricky.
Sometimes it's better to slice the image in order the parts using a table or divs.
But it all depends on what you want. There's no yes-or-no-answer.

[edit]
Looking at your website: you do realize that putting the username and password hard-coded in javascript is not very secure?
[/edit]

Quote:
Original post by WanMaster
Looking at your website: you do realize that putting the username and password hard-coded in javascript is not very secure?
12345? That's the password I use on my luggage!

Try it out with the background on and ask as many non-technical people as you can. Then try it without and you'll know which is best. On my old website design, I had just a single logo displayed in the background and it turned out to be very effective.

Hello WavMaster!

Yes, I know that's why it is under constructions! Thanks for your replies, but one more thing where is there a great place to find customized background?

Thanks!

Guest Anonymous Poster
I suggest to use the provided name and password to create (via a string function ) the name of the (path/)subdirectory where you will store the protected site .This way is harder to guess the password and the link is not fully visible to the user( he must see the directory structure to know the password)

Hello everyone!

Again here I am. NightDreamer, here is the sample template that I'm willing to use but, I want to know if this background image does the image make the site suffer, or is it ok? What could be the image background for where the text is going to be? Please, note that all the links point to blank!

Thanks!

This topic is 4583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.