Sign in to follow this  
Lennings

OpenGL Books for a first timer....

HI. I'm looking for a good book to get something to get started with. I'm looking for a book that have the most stuff explain in a easy way. A book I find? OpenGL Game Programming ISBN: 0-7615-3330-3 it seams like it's not many people ho like it.

I would recommend getting a little bit more familiar with OpenGL internals before you start writting games. OpenGL super bible seems to be an excellent reference and I highly recommend it.

I own the OpenGL Superbible third edition (the latest) and it is a great reference and it teaches so much. If you can justify the cost of the book, it is IMHO the best book to learn OpenGL.

Slaru

It might just be me, but I can't learn stuff from reading a book. I have the OpenGL Game Programming book, and although I used some of their lessons, I could've gotten all of the things I learned from NeHe's site. I barely ever look at the two books I have now.. just thought I'd drop my 2 cents (even though I'm English..)

The Beginning OpenGL Game Programming book is a good introductory to OpenGL that I'd recommend. I'd further recommend the OpenGL Red Book.

I agree that Beginning OpenGL Game Programming is a great introductory book. Even better would be to supplement it with a book on 3D mathematics like 3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development.