Books for a first timer....

Started by
5 comments, last by Arkainium 18 years, 11 months ago
HI. I'm looking for a good book to get something to get started with. I'm looking for a book that have the most stuff explain in a easy way. A book I find? OpenGL Game Programming ISBN: 0-7615-3330-3 it seams like it's not many people ho like it.
Advertisement
I would recommend getting a little bit more familiar with OpenGL internals before you start writting games. OpenGL super bible seems to be an excellent reference and I highly recommend it.
I own the OpenGL Superbible third edition (the latest) and it is a great reference and it teaches so much. If you can justify the cost of the book, it is IMHO the best book to learn OpenGL.

Slaru
t8.
I will take a look on the book.
It might just be me, but I can't learn stuff from reading a book. I have the OpenGL Game Programming book, and although I used some of their lessons, I could've gotten all of the things I learned from NeHe's site. I barely ever look at the two books I have now.. just thought I'd drop my 2 cents (even though I'm English..)
The Beginning OpenGL Game Programming book is a good introductory to OpenGL that I'd recommend. I'd further recommend the OpenGL Red Book.
I agree that Beginning OpenGL Game Programming is a great introductory book. Even better would be to supplement it with a book on 3D mathematics like 3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement