Publishers

Started by
4 comments, last by JohnBolton 18 years, 10 months ago
Here is gamedev.net's definition of a publisher. http://www.gamedev.net/dict/term.asp?TermID=74 So basically if I have a dev company and I convince a publisher I have a good game they will fund it?
Advertisement
Sometimes. Doesn't happen alot with indie devs. And it has to be a good game.
Black Sky A Star Control 2/Elite like game
Indie = independant?
Quote:Original post by I_Smell_Tuna
So basically if I have a dev company and I convince a publisher I have a good game they will fund it?

That is the basic idea, yes [grin]

Thing is, as ViperG said - it doesn't happen unless you're a professional outfit with a good sell.

Another basic thing is, the people funding you will give you money now but they want a return - it's simple business really. They'll loan you some hard cash up front on the basis that they'll get it back along with a bit of profit. You have to prove that you'll make them some profit.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Awesome.....must form game dev company.... :)

[Edited by - I_Smell_Tuna on May 25, 2005 7:00:28 PM]
Quote:Original post by I_Smell_Tuna
So basically if I have a dev company and I convince a publisher I have a good game they will fund it?

Unless you have a track record, your game will have to be 90-100% complete before a publisher will "fund" it.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement