Sign in to follow this  
Krynnish Conspiracy

Problem with TC

All the .exe files that are generated by the compiler (TC) are called u.exe, and not the name that I gave the project or .cpp file that they were created from. And I can't delete the .exe files for some reason, I always get a message saying that the file is in use. And I for the same reason I can't rename .exe files from the TC. What do I do?

moeron    326
I'm not familiar with the TC compiler, but perhaps its saying you can't access it because your compiler / IDE are still open and have exclusive read rights to it. Have you tried renaming / deleting the .exe when the compiler and IDE are both closed?

chad_420    290
if you'er using windows find the task amnager and make sure u.exe isnt in it. You wont be able to delete or rename it while its open.

Deranged    668
I have these problems if the programs made are 16bit on win2000+, you have to delete/rename them in safe mode.(Hold F8 on windows startup)

ender_341    136
Try deleting it in the command prompt (drawing a blank on the command at the moment). Do you have your view option as "film" or "thumbnail" because many times that is the problem with it? I would personally try deleting it from command prompt first though.