Problem with TC

Started by
8 comments, last by ender_341 18 years, 10 months ago
All the .exe files that are generated by the compiler (TC) are called u.exe, and not the name that I gave the project or .cpp file that they were created from. And I can't delete the .exe files for some reason, I always get a message saying that the file is in use. And I for the same reason I can't rename .exe files from the TC. What do I do?
Advertisement
I'm not familiar with the TC compiler, but perhaps its saying you can't access it because your compiler / IDE are still open and have exclusive read rights to it. Have you tried renaming / deleting the .exe when the compiler and IDE are both closed?
moe.ron
Yeah I tried that. Still says it is being used by another program.
if you'er using windows find the task amnager and make sure u.exe isnt in it. You wont be able to delete or rename it while its open.
NOTHING is using that file. It has absolutly no reason to say it is being used. The task manager doesn't say it is, and I restarted my computer several times and then tried again, to no avail.
Which version of TC you use and what OS? I have similary problems with TC 3 and Win 2000.

Best,
Zaharije Pasalic
TC 3, and Win XP.
I have these problems if the programs made are 16bit on win2000+, you have to delete/rename them in safe mode.(Hold F8 on windows startup)
i take it you mean Turbo C++ compiler?

why not use g++ which is a million times better and opensource?
Try deleting it in the command prompt (drawing a blank on the command at the moment). Do you have your view option as "film" or "thumbnail" because many times that is the problem with it? I would personally try deleting it from command prompt first though.
-Matt S.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement