ROFL
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by CaptainJester
Quote:Original post by johnhattan
I like Java.
I'd never uninstall.
Its programs won't destroy my computer,
Because they barely run at all.

It's pretty sad when a staff member trolls.

In this case, How can you argue it's allowable? See 3/16/2004 entry. John's earned the right to say wtf ever he wants about java... imho of course.

------------------<a href="http://jsgc.sourceforge.net>jsgc
I like Java.
I'd never uninstall.

lmao your poem works too heheh
Quote:Original post by jsgcdude
I like Java.
I'd never uninstall.

In this case, How can you argue it's allowable? See 3/16/2004 entry. John's earned the right to say wtf ever he wants about java... imho of course.

Ah...you mean, because he doesn't know how to read documentation plain and clear he has the right to troll? Um, OK. Shrug.
Well the argument he's making is that Java's "libraries" are a mess. And really, I think most people would agree with that statement.

How about:

I don't want to cause any drama,
I but I really can't stand Java,
Because to play a first-person-shooter,
I'd need a super-computer!

Ok, so it's not entirely true, lighten up, it's funny!
[lol]
Java hates you all. Do not taunt the Java.
Java is the best,
To meet your deadline unstressed,
Because your project would go slowly,
If you had to use C only!

Ok, not as good, but I tried.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Quote:Original post by jsgcdude
I like Java.
I'd never uninstall.

Ah...you mean, because he doesn't know how to read documentation plain and clear he has the right to troll?
Exactly. Trolling is a right that I've justly earned.

That being said. . .

I really do like Java.
Please don't think me a jerk.
Everything's got eight function calls.
And one of them will work.

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

Trolling is a right that I've justly earned.

But code like this (taken from the referenced blog entry) earns you nothing but the Common Noob Mistake award: Answers.addElement(new String("")); [embarrass]

I know you're not a noob coder and this is not a flame, but that's as big a noob mistake in Java as there is. Two cookies to the first who can explain why!
Quote:Original post by Aldacron
Trolling is a right that I've justly earned.

But code like this (taken from the referenced blog entry) earns you nothing but the Common Noob Mistake award: Answers.addElement(new String("")); [embarrass]

I know you're not a noob coder and this is not a flame, but that's as big a noob mistake in Java as there is. Two cookies to the first who can explain why!

This has the same effect and is more clear:
Answers.addElement("");

Though I'm not sure that's what you were getting at

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement