Help with ATI drivers and PPP connection

Started by
3 comments, last by Eken 18 years, 10 months ago
The first thing I need help with is the ATI driver. I downloaded the ati driver to linux from ATI:s homesite. It was a rpm file. I changed the file to a deb file instead with alien. I tried to install the deb file with 'dpkg --install fglrx-4-1-0-8.12.10-2_1386.deb' and this message went up: "Trying to overwrite 'usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2' wich is also in package xlibmesa-gl dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (broken pipe) Errors were encountered while processing: fglrx-4-1-0-8.12.10-2_1386.deb" Do someone here know what the problem is? If yoo do, please tell me how to install the driver properly? The second problem: I have recently installed ppp and pppconfig. I have configurated so the modem can connect through pon. To the problem: how can I do so, for example firefox and gaim reacts so I can go out on websites and so on..?
Advertisement
Here you can find the information you need for installing fglrx on Debian.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand your second question.
Quote:Original post by Arkainium
Here you can find the information you need for installing fglrx on Debian.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand your second question.

I want to fix so that the programs that need a internet connection understands that I have connected to the internet
Try running dhclient or dhcpcd.
Quote:Original post by Arkainium
Try running dhclient or dhcpcd.

Of course, I can download wvdial to fix the problem, but, I don't know how to install a deb file =/ When i try to install a deb file through this commando: dpkg --install lala.deb a error message comes up and says that it is a broken pipe and so on.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement