• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
games_mylife10

how can i end a while loop ??

This topic is 4748 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I made this code, i want to (end-of-file) lol!!! i can't get out of this loop: i mean i press ^z and it still keep asking me to enter more !!! how ?? my problem is when i ask to enter texts .. i can't stop it! #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::cin; using std::ios; using std::cerr; using std::endl; #include <fstream> using std::ofstream; #include <cstdlib> int main() { ofstream outlinefile("Line.dat", ios::out); if (!outlinefile) { cerr <<"file could not be opened"<<endl; exit(1); } cout << "Enter several lines of text: "<<endl << "Enter end-of-file to END input.\n?"; char text[1000]; while (cin.getline (text,1000)){ outlinefile <<text<<endl; cout<< "?"; } return 0; }

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
look at the break; statement.

Guest Anonymous Poster
combining his name, his location and

using std::cout;
using std::cin;
etc.

and

char text[1000];

I'd say he's kidding...

Quote:
Original post by games_mylife10
i want to (end-of-file) lol!!!

I'd say he's 11 years old.

Isn't EOF ^d (CTRL-d) rather than ^z (CTRL-z)?

IIRC, CTRL-c is quit, CTRL-d is EOF, CTRL-z is background, CTRL-s is software flow control stop, CTRL-q is software flow control start...at least on 'nix. AFAIK it's just the normal ASCII set.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!