Sign in to follow this  

how can i end a while loop ??

This topic is 4586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I made this code, i want to (end-of-file) lol!!! i can't get out of this loop: i mean i press ^z and it still keep asking me to enter more !!! how ?? my problem is when i ask to enter texts .. i can't stop it! #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::cin; using std::ios; using std::cerr; using std::endl; #include <fstream> using std::ofstream; #include <cstdlib> int main() { ofstream outlinefile("Line.dat", ios::out); if (!outlinefile) { cerr <<"file could not be opened"<<endl; exit(1); } cout << "Enter several lines of text: "<<endl << "Enter end-of-file to END input.\n?"; char text[1000]; while (cin.getline (text,1000)){ outlinefile <<text<<endl; cout<< "?"; } return 0; }

Guest Anonymous Poster
combining his name, his location and

using std::cout;
using std::cin;
etc.

and

char text[1000];

I'd say he's kidding...

Isn't EOF ^d (CTRL-d) rather than ^z (CTRL-z)?

IIRC, CTRL-c is quit, CTRL-d is EOF, CTRL-z is background, CTRL-s is software flow control stop, CTRL-q is software flow control start...at least on 'nix. AFAIK it's just the normal ASCII set.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
combining his name, his location and

using std::cout;
using std::cin;
etc.

and

char text[1000];

I'd say he's kidding...

You do know Bahrain is a real place, right?

In my tests, ^z works just fine. It has to be at the begining of the line, though, or it gets confused.

Enter several lines of text:
Enter end-of-file to END input.
?Line One
?Line Two
?^Z

"Line One" and "Line Two" get written to the file, and then the program ends.

CM

Hello !!

Thank you verrrrrrrry much~~~!!!!
it worked for me , i don't know what happened yesterday!! today it worked with ctrl+z ..

sorry about my stupid question but i'm a beginner and i'm not good in programming.. i'm trying my best to get better i hope!

and i'm really from Bahrain.. even when i was regestering in this forums .. i choose Bahrain and then a list of bahrain's cities appeared too !! :D

thank you again for the help!

This topic is 4586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.