Sign in to follow this  

Accessing the data in a Direct Context (C++, WinGDI, HDC)

This topic is 4580 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there some way to access the pixels in a Direct Context (using the data type HDC as a handle) directly, without creating a buffer?

You can use GetPixel() if you dont need speed. You can also select a different bitmap into your DC and the return value of SelectObject() will be a handle to the previously selected bitmap. You can then read the bit data from that using GetDIBits().

Don't those create buffers? I do know that you have to create your own buffer when a bitmap is not created using CreateDIBits(), or something like that...
If there aren't that many solutions out there, I'm probably going to go through with manually loading of bitmaps so I can control everything... Eep.

Thanks.

There's no way to get a pointer directly to bitmap data of the screen if that's what you're asking. You either get pixels one-by-one (real slow) or you copy a region of the screen to a DIB buffer and access them that way.

This topic is 4580 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.