Sign in to follow this  
Rami7007

Rigid Bodies

Rami7007    122
I am having a bit of trouble with rigid bodies. Specifically, how to rotate them acurately. The translation velocity i know how to get, but i am unsure about rotational velocity. An example would be a box hiting the ground on its corner and rotating untill lying at rest... I am creating a game based on physics and i have all my particle dynamics finished but i would like to have rigid bodies. Really, i want to use objects that wouldnt work with particles (whole objects themself) such as boxes to have physics. So anyway, could someone explain or give me a good, easily understandable, article on rigid bodies. I have found many, but a good explanation would help me understand. (and no, Jacobsens paper doesnt have enough on rigid bodies) Thanks in advance.

Rami7007    122
alot of the algorithms and formulas get very confusing in those papers! ;)

well, the only thing i have trouble with is angular velocity of rigid bodies... so if someone was to generally explain it to me, then i could read and understand the articles a lot more clearly!

thanks

bah    100
A few days ago I had the exact same question... Don't expect anyone to give you more info, read the tutorials/articles over and over again until you understand them.

bah    100
A few days ago I had the exact same question... Don't expect anyone to give you more info, read the tutorials/articles over and over again until you understand them.