• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
drjulio2002

[web] How can I use a text area table just for outputting images, and text?

This topic is 4796 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Everyone! How can I use a text area table just for outputting images, and text? We know that text area is for only outputting or even inputting text but, how can I use it for displaying images, and text without the user inputting text? NightDreamer Thanks!

Advertisement
A HTML text-area is an input-tag. As the name says, it's for text-only.
Could you tell us your reason for wanting to put an image in the text-area? Perhaps we can think of a work-around which is more likely to work.

yes, you don't want to be using a textarea. tell us what you want and we'll come up with some div based solution.

-grumps

Well, what I really want is to have a section of my home page of the web site where people could scroll images of the lastest projects that I have done so far.

He want's the user to be able to scroll it...

<div style="width: pixels_in_width px; height: height_in_pixels px; overflow: auto;"> __IMG TAGS HERE__ </div>

[grin] rating++ ;)

Would I be wrong to assume he wants what the old IE4 Marquee tag did? Basically create scrolling text. And in this case have the text contain images, or be images rather.

I might respond later, if I can get that code to work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!