Sign in to follow this  
Mardigin

How Much M$ in 3D Game Engine Architecture?[SOLVED]

How M$ windows centric are the in book examples in 3D Game Engine Architecture? http://www.gamedev.net/columns/books/bookdetails.asp?productid=467 I run purly GNU/linux workstations and before I buy this book I just want to know if I will be skipping through chapters of M$ window managment code. Also anyones opinion of the book in general would be appreciated. Mardigin. [Edited by - Mardigin on May 26, 2005 7:33:17 PM]

I think this says it all:

Quote:

CD-ROM with the complete C++ source code for Wild Magic version 3, a commercial quality game engine for Windows, Linux, and OS X.

bgreen,

thank you for your reply. I realize that the game engine itself is compatible with linux. What I was really wondering was if the "in book" examples were platform specific, and if so for what platform. I am assuming that there are "in book" examples that are not ripped directly from the game engine itself? However the more I think about it, it probably would not be too much trouble to write my own window managment code for the "in book" examples since they will likely be mostly short snippet code anyway. Well I think I will probably go and get this book. so far I have read very good reviews regarding its content.

Mardigin.