ragdoll masters prerelease

Started by
26 comments, last by The Najdorf 18 years, 10 months ago
Well here it is: ragdollmasters webpage I put highscores, preference saving to file, a registration system, more options and various other stuff (though I havent done the website yet). I still dont know how much to price it... I hope the restrictions+nag screen are convincing enough without being overkill... what do you think would be the right price? (plz dont tell free :P) Thx! Matteo [Edited by - The Najdorf on May 31, 2005 7:18:26 PM]
Got a Mac? Check out my game at [a]http://www.radicalrebound.com[/a]
Advertisement
Oh wow, I love how you have improved upon this so much! Very nice! But, on the nag screen, 30 seconds is kinda overkill! I'd like to see perhaps around 15-25 at most, and by then, not always 25 seconds. For example, when you die, you shouldn't have to wait 30 seconds! Other than that, I'd love to see a way that shows the damage per blow. That and some very nice catchy music and sound effects, and you have yourself a good quality arcade game! Keep up the good work! Price wise, I'd say something around $5-15 at the current state. I mean I know I'd want to see a few more things beforre buying it, but other than that, it's a great game that is definitly buyable. Keep at it, I can't wait for more releases.
thx :)

Yeah, all "real" games have music and sfx... but personaly I think they're pretty useless... I mean, why should you listen to a game's music when you can listen to all the mp3s you want? Yet I should put at least the sfx... good luck finding those...

Hey when you lose you should wait more for punishment :P

The damage per blow is actually constant, so it's not a big deal.

Very nice! I agree that 30 seconds is pretty darn long to wait inbetween rounds... but then again you want people to buy your game so I guess it's a good tactic! [wink]
Quote:Original post by The Najdorf
Yeah, all "real" games have music and sfx... but personaly I think they're pretty useless... I mean, why should you listen to a game's music when you can listen to all the mp3s you want? Yet I should put at least the sfx... good luck finding those...

Ahh good point. Most of the time if a game does have bad music I do listen to my own instead. Hey I guess you can keep the filesize down.

Quote:Hey when you lose you should wait more for punishment :P

[grin] Not a bad idea come to think of it...[wink]

Quote:The damage per blow is actually constant, so it's not a big deal.

Ok cool, I wasn't sure how that was setup. Are head blows woth more though?

oh! I forgot to mention combos! The first hit in a combo deals 1 damage, the second hit in combo deals 2 damage etc. this way you have a chance of beating people fast if you get a good streak. But head and body blows are the same (that's because after all they are about equally common)
Hrm, im not sure if this is already how it works (im about to download this version) but i used the old version and i was under the impression that hits didnt do damage based on the force that was applied. Assuming you wrote the rigid body dynamics and such behind this, basing the damage on the force would be easy, and in my mind a good idea

EDIT: just another suggestion, maybe things should be slowed down based on the amount of damage done as well, because i dont like waiting to recover from an unsuccessful attack (no damage done) id much rather get right back in there

(these are just my suggestions)

keep up the good work
hope that helps
-Dan

[Edited by - Ademan555 on May 27, 2005 12:49:59 AM]
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
In my configuration the game doesn't run: screenshot
After an initial self-move of the window I catch this WM_PAINT problem (the window draw garbage). Due to the fact that I cannot run the game for now I can only give you suggetion about what I can test:
1) Make sure to call CreateWindowEx with the actual paramenters from GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN/2 - Width);
GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN/2 - Height);
with this you can avoid a window replacement.
2) Let the user kill the application from the taskbar with right click. If there are problems I have to hard kill the process.

I've tested during coffebreak in a computer that I use at work. I have win2k3, 1024 ram, Matrox Parhelia in a double screen.
[ILTUOMONDOFUTURO]
I think you might want to have another look at that nag screen.. www.ragsollsoft.com is it??? [smile] other than that typo it looks great.
ooops! Thx man ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement