ragdoll masters prerelease

Started by
26 comments, last by The Najdorf 18 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by The Najdorf
what do you think would be the right price?

Just had a thought. What currency do you intend to use? Do you plan to market it in Italy?
Assuming you still use Lira in Italy then anywhere from 14,075 to 42,226 (or roughly 5 to 15 in british pounds)
Advertisement
>Do you plan to market it in Italy?

Nah, I'm trying to sell software on the internet, 90% of my customers are american...

Btw I think 15 pounds for this is way too much (but thanks!!), I was thinking of 9.95 US$

PS: lira's dont exist anymore, since a few years we have euro in europe (though you brits probably don't care about europe ;P)
Got a Mac? Check out my game at [a]http://www.radicalrebound.com[/a]
Quote:Original post by The Najdorf
>Do you plan to market it in Italy?

Nah, I'm trying to sell software on the internet, 90% of my customers are american...

Btw I think 15 pounds for this is way too much (but thanks!!), I was thinking of 9.95 US$

PS: lira's dont exist anymore, since a few years we have euro in europe (though you brits probably don't care about europe ;P)

ha, ha can't believe I forgot that ^^ my geography is terrible, but I remember that Italy looks like a foot/boot on a map.

I don't much like the euro, part of the fun of going to different parts of europe was to laugh at the 'wierd' currency they use but now they all use the same its not so much fun cuz you probably laugh at us :) (not that it bothers me any)

Edit: I remember it was Monty Python's 'money' song was what made me think of Lira
Really enjoying it, it's good fun.

May I recommend making it so that the damage is proportional to momentum? At the moment, I can hover at the top of the screen, head up, and just descend onto the enemies head, real slow, getting head blows and combos repetitively. Make it so that I have to hit them hard, and it'll be more challenging.
thats a neat idea, and yes, that's a good tactic, though its not always easily doable. I'll see what I can do about your request. ragdollsoft.com
Hey man nice game. The simplicity of this game adds to the value in my opinion. The menu texts remind me of oldschool atari and the like. Very cool. But perhaps you should revise the menu code, response is slow.

I fully support your decision to go shareware. $5 sounds reasonable to me. Good call on reducing nag time to 15 seconds. This has almost guaranteed my purchase of this game. Just gotta wait for my next paycheck.

Why did you remove the option for toggling plasma fx? I don't really care for the look and it's way too slow on my PC. More configurability is a plus.

Are you considering writing a "sequel"? I would definitely look forward to that. Some thoughts for a next version:

* Backgrounds (not lines)
* Network play
* Joystick/gamepad support
* Textured characters
* AI
* Teamplay

Ah there was probably more I had in mind but I forgot. But anyhow, again awesome game man, keep up the good work.
Thx man. I took away that option 'cause the options menu was gettin' very crowded... but if you say it slows down too much I guess I can put it back in... I see what I can do also for the menu response.

Yeah ideally you could put graphics to this... It would be a long, tough project though, I would have to change stuff quite a bit... but probably it's doable... then I would also need an artist to do the "pieces".
I've got to be honest, I enjoyed this game more than alot of games being sold for game consoles. The physics are incredible, and overall, it is just a great idea. Well done.
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!
thx, that means a lot to me! :)
Hey man, its cool that you got sounds in there too!

The menus seem to run fine on my computer, but I would like to see an option to turn on the background again - it added something to the game :)

some pointers:
* When volume = 0 and don't play the sounds for better performance (might do that anyway, I don't know)
* give the option to turn on/off the plasma.
* give the option to turn on/off the backgrounds!
* if your struggling with menu over crowding then think about increasing menu depth or perhaps moving 'player = 1-2' onto the main menu 'Single Player' 'Two Player' (The 'Two Player' is like a 'Tournament' perhaps you could make it first to 10 is the champion)
* (maybe) you might want to think about just saying [locked] for locked items.
* For the registered version only consider a 'Gravity Match' where the gravity cycles to each side of the screen (randomly?) - This should be quite easy to implement (and well worth a purchase from a consumer point of view)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement