2-D Graphics Book

Started by
3 comments, last by Strewth 18 years, 10 months ago
Is there any book out there that teaches 2-D graphics?
Advertisement
Ron's Beginning C# Game Programming goes over some nice Direct3D and C# stuff and ends up running you through the creation of a Generic Space Shooter game. Although I personally haven't read through the book completely, I like his writing as he keeps things simple and easy.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
the cone3D tutorials use c++ and the sdl library to display graphics and fonts. They are pretty easy to understand for beginners and it also shows you how to make a 2D side scrolling shooter. Very good stuff for free tutorials.
Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus (2nd Edition) By Andre LaMothe[attention] Best of the best in my opinion.

(and please, don't put yourself through the pain of trying to develop games in C#, its a business language made for speed of development not quality of code)
Quote:(and please, don't put yourself through the pain of trying to develop games in C#, its a business language made for speed of development not quality of code)

I don't think you can say that the quality of code is worse in C#... all depends on the experience and skill of the programmer.
Blake's 7 RPG - a new project

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement