Creating character names?

Started by
5 comments, last by max_wg 23 years, 4 months ago
I am working on a plot for a deus ex mod but can not seem to come up with names for original characters. If any one has tips on how to come up with some original names please voice your opinion. Thanks.
Max Bronsemamax@seaspec.com
Advertisement
Umm, hmm, I hate character names....howabout!
1.)Simons
2.)Paul
3.)Herman
Umm, yeah, thats all i can think of right now

This RtS-Babble© has been brought to you by:
-Run_The_Shadows
-Run_The_Shadows@excite.com
Well, there are little booklets names which you could use and/or use as inspiration for new names. They're usually labeled as 'baby names' or something.

There are also a few name generators out there (sorry, dunno any URLS right now) that will take text files of names, then mix, match & mangle them to get new ones. You'll usually have to do a couple runs to get good ones, but it is a way to get fairly original names.

Edited by - A. Buza on November 20, 2000 2:27:53 PM
UMMMMM...... HENRY yeah henry is a great name. Um maybe Sam sam sounds good. Yeah these name ideas are awsome. Can I get credit if you use my names?

Wait! Howabout Gordan and Hawk!? Maybe something um Cloud yeah cloud thats a good name something like ummmm... strife yeah cloud strife.
Aww... be a man OoMMoO! At least use your name in your post! Only cowards AP post!
The ''Baby Names'' book sounds like a good idea. They tend to include what the name means too. Or pull stuff from other languages that sound cool or appropriate to your character. Which would pretty much be the same thing as the book I guess. I''ve never cared much for the results of random names. I wind up liking maybe 1/100.

The phone book is full of names.
Thanks everybody.

The Baby book and phone book are great ideas.

Thanks a lot.
Max Bronsemamax@seaspec.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement