Video Capturing in Windows Mobile 2003 or earlier version?!?

Started by
1 comment, last by ShaderDev 18 years, 10 months ago
someone knows how to access the buildin camera in my pda (asus mypal 730w) running windows mobile 2003? ive searched google, msdn etc., but so far havent found anything useful. All i've found is that windows ce 5.0 will support it through DShow, but i would like to be able to use it now (as the asus camera app does it). Writing c++ code or if there is no other way with the help of the compact .Net framework, however i havent found any helpful resources so far :( is it possible with some sort of api?!? how would you do it on a smartphone (my pda can run some smartphone apps...)??? T2k
Advertisement
AFAIK accessing camera is a major problem for Windows mobile 2003. There is no standart API, you should use camera manufacturer SDK for each camera (if it exists) and they are usually very slow and unstable if work at all. That was the main reason I myself went with Symbian OS instead. While Symbian smartphones are less powerful and have more slow camera, camera API actually work on them.
The Asus mypal 730w uses the Intel PXA270 processor whitch has built in instructions for camera capturing and stuff...you can check the The Intel PXA270 processor SDK for more information.

http://www.intel.com/design/embeddedpca/applicationsprocessors/302302.htm?iid=ipp_embed+proc_pxa270&

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement