• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lincsimp

building boost.regex

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I've devcpp and mingw installed. How can I build boost.regex? I found instructions here: http://www.boost.org/libs/regex/doc/install.html#gcc It says I need to change to /libs/regex/build in command prompt, but when i put "make -fgcc.mak" I get the error: "'make' is not recognized as an operable program or batch file." How can I get this to work? Cheers

Advertisement
MinGW was stupid (okay, they had reasons, but I still think it was a bad decision) and renamed make to mingw32-make.

Personally, I just create a copy of mingw32-make.exe and name it make.exe - instantly deals with this kind of problem.

That said, you should (need to?) use bjam - follow xEricx's link.

Note: the name of the bjam prebuilt exe for windows is tagged "...-ntx86.zip", this threw me off when I first installed boost :-).

I built my copy of boost with bjam. It worked perfect, without error and it was done in an instant. Download the whole boost package and build/install it with bjam.

Toolmaker

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!