What's a Solution Explorer

Started by
2 comments, last by SumDude 18 years, 11 months ago
I'm trying to get a new lib added to my program.I have Visual C++.I'm looking at the instructions for putting this in and it's telling me to Right Click on the project's folder in your Solution Explorer.I'm looking all over this thing but I don't see anything called a Solution's Explorer.And I can't get this thing's help file to come on at all.So can anyone help me out here??
Advertisement
It's the thing to the right.

If you cannot view it press Ctrl+Alt+L or go to View->Solution Explorer

Or it can be posted on the right bar. Just put your mouse to the right and it will show up.

If this doesnt work, tell us which version of Visual C++ you have.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Looking for video game music? Check out some of my samples at http://www.youtube.c...ser/cminortunes            

I'm currently looking to create music for a project, if you are interested e-mail me at cminortunes@gmail.com    

Please only message me for hobby projects, I am not looking to create music for anything serious.
You mean where I actually see the cpp and headers files??
yes. that is the solution explorer.

If you are using Visual C++ .NET, you can just go to Project->nameofproject Properties and click on the linker option then click on input and in the additional dependencies just add the necessary .lib files seperating them with a space.

After you've done that go to General then click on Additional Library Directories and add the directory to that using the ... option when you click on it.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Looking for video game music? Check out some of my samples at http://www.youtube.c...ser/cminortunes            

I'm currently looking to create music for a project, if you are interested e-mail me at cminortunes@gmail.com    

Please only message me for hobby projects, I am not looking to create music for anything serious.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement