Font HELP!!!!

Started by
13 comments, last by Kitasia 18 years, 10 months ago
But do you think a graphics card upgrade is needed? 60fps is far off from 600fps.
Is 600 even normal!? [tears]
Advertisement
Thats a pretty low spec card. You might want to try getting the latest drivers from Intel to see if it helps any, but it does seem like your hardware is limiting your framerate. Still, you can certainly still get some milage from it with regards learning OpenGL, but you will have a lot of trouble running demos from this site or the latest games. The intergrated graphics chips have no where near the capabilities of the slot in AGP or PCI ones. Does your machine have a 4x or 8x AGP slot?

F451
According to this I have no AGP card or signal support. I also made sure my drivers were up to date. I can't believe text is giving me this much trouble. I don't understand why I can draw a big 640x480 surface with no problem but drawing like 5% of that area several times as text kills my framerate.
If it's any consolation, I get 8~13 FPS for my binary on an old PC with a NeoMagic 256AV on-board graphics card. I guess it is a limitation of some of these older machines.

F451
After trying the program on a GeForce 4 computer with 246 fps it's settled. I'll just update my gfx card! It's not as if I use much text anyway. Thanks for the help Fahrenheit451 (And thanks to zedzeek aswell)! I'd give you a higher ranking but it doesn't go beyond extremely helpful. [grin] Hopefully this upgrade wont limit my game audience when I give my game out(Although people can't complain about stuff that's free[rolleyes]). Thanks again!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement