Visual Studio 2005 Beta Optimizing Compiler

Started by
3 comments, last by Sagar_Indurkhya 18 years, 10 months ago
I just got my Visual Studio 2005 beta CD's today! I already have Visual C++ 2002 Standard Edition, which I use with the Visual C++ 2003 Professional Optimizing Compiler. I want to know if the Visual Studio 2005 Beta C++ compiler is better than the 2003 version, and if not, can I just plug in my VC++ 2003 Optimizing Compiler alongside the 2005 compiler?
Advertisement
I just got mine today too! :)

Anyway, here's the new features for the compiler:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/ms177253(en-us,vs.80).aspx
Quote:Original post by Sagar_Indurkhya
I want to know if the Visual Studio 2005 Beta C++ compiler is better than the 2003 version

no
Quote:and if not, can I just plug in my VC++ 2003 Optimizing Compiler alongside the 2005 compiler?

no.
Quote:Original post by RobTheBloke
Quote:Original post by Sagar_Indurkhya
I want to know if the Visual Studio 2005 Beta C++ compiler is better than the 2003 version

no
Quote:and if not, can I just plug in my VC++ 2003 Optimizing Compiler alongside the 2005 compiler?

no.

That sucks.

I would have expected that they would ship their beta optimizing compiler with the beta 2, considering they have to test the optimizing compiler too, which could make some nasty bugs.

Why can't I just use the 2003 compiler alongside the 2005 compiler? I remember doing this with my VS 2002. That way, I could use GCC, VC++ 2002 compiler, and the free VC++ 2003 compiler.
Wow. I was editing some code today, and decided to use the Add Function wizard on a class. Once I used it, it said: Invalid Procedure Call or Argument.

Really, I was expecting more from a Beta 2 software.

Might this be that something is wrong with VS? Is there some way to validate a project, or reload all the files, or parse everything again?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement